Tonight we’re having guests for dinner. A simple menu: Orange Roughy lightly dredged in egg and milk than coated with Panko to which I’ve added some finely grated Asiago Parmesan. This is then cooked in a grill pan in our gas grill. Takes only 2-3 minutes per side. Flip it once – and only once – and take care not to overcook the fish!
Accompany this with Orzo – my way – and you’ve got a great summer supper. Throw in a salad and it’s complete!
So what’s “Orzo – My Way?” So very glad you asked, here ya go:
Orzo – Christine’s way
- One small jalapeno pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup red, orange or yellow (or combination) chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- One honey mango (or plain old regular mango – but the honey mangoes are amazing!)
- Extra virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil
Swirl oil in a large fry pan and warm slightly. Sauté onion and peppers in oil for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking for a few minutes. Do not let garlic burn! Add 1.5 cups chicken or veggie stock and 1 cup orzo. Bring to boil and simmer for 5- 6 minutes. Remove from heat, keeping covered, let stand for 20 additional minutes, or until water is absorbed. You may also do this in a casserole dish, placing in a 350degree oven for 17 – 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Add chopped mango for color and a touch of sweetness.
- West Indian (Guyanese Style) Mango Sour (ahayahyashiyadietrylawsrecipes.wordpress.com)
- Thai Mango Salad (confetea.wordpress.com)
- Fresh Salsa (jenmccarthybakes.wordpress.com)
- Mango Salad Recipe (greatbritishchefs.com)
- Recipe: Mango and Black Bean Salad (wayfair.com)